66678aef471e3

66678aef479b7
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Multiplayer Bulkhead problem Read 6743 times  

66678aef4806a
Hello, i have a problem with system shock 2.

I play it with a friend in coop mode and now we are stuck because we cant use the bulkhead door to go to science sector.

We already used bulkhead doors for mapchanges but this time a rightclick on the switch doesn't do anything.
I also tried to find a console command to port to the next area, but it seems that there is none.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
66678aef4831d
A screenshot of the area with the door please.
Are you running any mods or an FM? If so, do both have the same set of mods?
66678aef48543
I can upload a screenshot later (not at home atm.) and yes we use the suggested mods from here:
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4447

The games are exactly the same because i copied my game folder on his pc to have exactly the same versions.

The game is running smmothly so far except the level switching problem here.
We can see each other, are in sync, can use objects in the level but the door switches at the bulkheads are not useable.

If it helps: the doors are the normal bulkheads after you get the mission to find the office of someone relatively early in the game and then you "find out" that he is not in his office and you have to go to his second office on the science deck.
66678aef48667
Try using the bulkhead you entered in. Doesn't make a difference except for a bit longer walk.
If that also doesn't work you will have to revert to a save before entering medical.
66678aef48781
I already tried that with the same result. The level transition doesn't start.

i have none...i only have 2 saves, but both in medical area. Isn't there a command to force a level transition lice changelevel in half life?
66678aef489b0
Try dropping the latest nvscript.osm file into the DataPermMods folder, overwriting the one from ADaoB.
http://www.mediafire.com/?53dor55vbkz8whw

66678aef48b30Simon_guy

66678aef48b7c
I'm in the same boat and I would love to know if this can be fixed without going back. I managed to convince my friend to play coop with me having actually gone and bought it for him. It really sucks because I love this game so much and am always bugging my friends to play and this has happened =( it's unlikely he'll continue playing if this stuff is unfixable.

So just to clarify the problem and how it started etc: I'm hosting the game and we're on his himachi. We both have the steam copy of the game. we're in the science section (with the monkey cages) and want to go back to med section and both bulkheads ignore any input. The problem started when we got the keycard from the office in the flooded corridor and when we went back up to the nearest bulkhead to leave to med.

My load bar screen said 'accessing' and my friends just said 'synchronising' and didn't change till he finally quit the game. When he did my character successfully went back into med. He rejoined the game and of course his stuff was gone but he was still in sci.

I tried to go through the bulkhead back to sci but couldn't, and so we both quit again and we loaded an earlier save. He had all his items and we were in Sci but that was when we realised we couldn't get back into med.
66678aef48c50
So does the newest NVScript solve the bulkhead crash problem?

66678aef48dd6voodoo47

66678aef48e22
it certainly won't make things worse.

66678aef48edfSimon_guy

66678aef48f2b
I hear that some fixes require you to restart the game, is that true? I'll try to find some time to try this fix, we're on crunch time at our studio so I'm a bit busy.
66678aef4901d
It's not necessary to start a new game to use the new nvscript.osm.

66678aef490acSimon_guy

66678aef490fe
Fantastic, I'll be sure to let you folks know if it works for me =)

66678aef491c3Simon_guy

66678aef4920b
Ok so what happened was we were too lazy to start again so we just restarted both our machines and it worked. I had one problem somewhere down the line where all my nanites mysteriously vanished but i just cheated them back in periods that my friend was looking at and doing stuff. So yeah aint nobody got time to start again. sorry :P
66678aef492ea
Hopefully the problem won't happen for others, since ADaoB 3.0 contains the nvscript.osm now, that I referred to earlier.
1 Guest is here.
I'm afraid they're gonna find you and there's nothing that I can do
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66678aef4bb1f