665caabe44a32

665caabe456f1
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 installation problem Read 2279 times  

665caabe45b8c
SS2 is without a doubt an amazing game, hence the obvious reason I want to play it again. However everytime I try to install it again, it says my snd.crf file won't install to the C: drive. I attempted to simply copy paste all the files from the CD to harddrive, and it told me there was a redundancy in the cycle when that file tried to copy over.

Can anyone help me out, or am I just going to need a new CD?
665caabe45d14
I should clarify, after snd.crf doesn't install, the whole thing just stops. I tried manually opening the game and it'll work (without sound) until the training years, in which it states there's a problem and exits.

665caabe46013Nameless Voice

665caabe46088
Cyclic Redundancy Check, or CRC, errors mean that the disc is damaged.
You have four choices:
1) Try the CD on a different drive. Generally CD/DVD burners are much better at reading damaged discs than normal CD/DVD drives.
2) Try some sort of bad-disc reading program, such as CDCheck
3) Salvage all the files you can from the CD and source Snd.crf elsewhere.
4) Buy a new game CD.

In the cases of 1-3, you should burn out a backup copy of the CD as soon as you have all the files in tact.
Following above point 3
665caabe46296
1. Download this archive: SNDrepairSet.zip [25MB]
2. Unpack it on your desktop and run OggSetup.exe. Wait a moment while the sounds are unpacked.
3. Then copy the newly created file "snd.crf" into your game folder. (Don't copy "snd2.crf"! It's just a fake I needed to put in so OggSetup.exe would work.)
4. Answer this thread, so I know I can take the SNDrepairSet.zip down. I made this for you and it wouldn't be useful to anyone else.
5. Then follow the instructions given in the Mod User FAQ.
6. Have fun playing the game. That's the most important point. Don't fail me!
« Last Edit: 30. August 2007, 14:32:36 by Kolya »
665caabe46401
Downloading now, and thanks. I shalt try and report back.

Psh, how can you not have fun with SS?
665caabe4650a
I guess if it doesn't work, that's a way, otherwise it's pretty much impossible. ;)
665caabe465f8
Well it runs fine up till training. I enter the "Marine" door, and it shuts down with an error.
665caabe46746
That was from just splicing in the file. I'm now trying to install the whole thing again, and it gets to 44% and won't go further due to not having the file. I can retry or cancel. Cancel leaves installation half done, retry (even if I manually put file in) seems to get me no where.
665caabe4684a
Try copying the "shock" folder contents manually from the CD into that half done installation (skip the corrupt file).
665caabe46929
Just did and it didn't work again. I don't know.

665caabe469cfNameless Voice

665caabe46db0
everytime I try to install it again, it says my snd.crf file won't install to the C: drive.
There might be more corrupt files though.

I suggest you get another copy of the game, Skitzo.
665caabe46ed8
That was my plan. I think that only that file was corrupt though because it's the only one that wouldn't copy over from the cd. (As in explore cd, copy files, paste into drive). Everything else came in fine. Who knows? Another CD will solve it heh.
665caabe471e2
Which OS do you run?
A friend of mine had the same problem (same file) and he used Windows XP Pro 64bit.

Well, we solved this problem with just copying my SShock2 folder on his PC.
1 Guest is here.
Ungoche :fear:
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665caabe476e7