665bc2f0d5881

665bc2f0d64b0
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Little question about Quest Bits Read 1144 times  

665bc2f0d6956xdiesp_

665bc2f0d69e2
I need to pass an information from a level to the next, so I read up a bit about Quest Bits. There is something I don't understand, though: are the QB names free for me to make up, and these variables will be stored safely in the savegame, or do I have to dig up where they are classified and\or exploit only the ones already available in the game? Call me paranoid, but Shocked used me to these antics.

Let me explain what scenario I am planning (it's the most basic one with QBs):
- In level 1 there's an enter tripwire which switchlinks to a QB Set:, whose QB name is "level1clear", and QB val is "1"
- In level 2, there's another enter tripwire which both swichlinks to a teleport trap, and to a QB filter with again: "level1clear" and "1"

So the trap in level 2, only works if you have hit the tripwire in level 1.
665bc2f0d6b34
You can give any (within reason, there probably is a character limit of some sort) name to a questbit and the save game will remember its name and value once it has been set. No need to use preset questbit names or anything like that, just make up whatever you like.

665bc2f0d6bf8xdiesp_

665bc2f0d6c67
Thank you, Zygo. Now that I understand better how Qbits work, I realize that I will have to reset them all to zero at one point (due to my mod). If there are no magic commands for it, I guess I'll have an exciting journey through all the maps to look up the names...

665bc2f0d6d8fxdiesp_

665bc2f0d6dd9
I'm worried about something concerning quest bits. I should have actually asked about this last week, but I got sidetracked sorry! Essentially, what I implemented is:

- An enter tripwire switchlinks to a QB Set with QBname X and QBVal 1.
- A Simple QB Trigger has QBname X, and switchlinks to a teleport trap.

And the question is... does that QB Trigger fire only once (as in Trip Control -> Enter Player Once), or will it continue to fire indefinitely (teleporting the thing again and again, also risking bugs\crashes)?

Quick reply text: xdiesp_: Today I decoded that I live in a perfect world where every bug is a feature.

Lol! I think that's a typo for "decided".
665bc2f0d6f48
Not 100% sure. I think it fires only when the state of the QB changes, ie once assuming the state changes once. If it fires continuously- I cannot think of how that would be useful which is why I doubt it works that way- you can always change to using a QBFilter set up from a button or tripwire to get around it.
1 Guest is here.
"Soon" has always been a very angsty and tense word. It's simply ridiculous now.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665bc2f0d7a9c