665c3bc10e89b

665c3bc10f332
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Game does not start (video problem)
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 43564 times  

665c3bc10fdc7The Brain

665c3bc10fe43
Take a look for Product version-field in version tab at file properties dialog. It should be 2.3.

Yeah, I know. It says 1.0.0.0 :(

Are you sure that you have looked at right place? If you have then there is something wrong at your executable file. Non patched executable should have value of 1.15 in that location.

Check this image for reference:

Image: http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8064/vredir3tp1.gif
665c3bc11019a
Are you sure that you have looked at right place? If you have then there is something wrong at your executable file. Non patched executable should have value of 1.15 in that location.

Check this image for reference:

Image: http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8064/vredir3tp1.gif

Yeah, I checked the wrong one, it IS version 2.3.

I'll let the neighbours keel haul me, after the whippin'
:)

The game works great now, although every time a video is played, Windows XP minimizes the game to the windows taskbar.
Anyone have any idea on how fix it. Although this is not a must. Thanks for all your help on this guys.
665c3bc1106b1

Live Messenger was the culprit. With it turned off, everything runs smoothly. Great!

One more thing:

I have now chosen each of the three paths, Marine, Navy and PSIOPS.
I am still missing the model of a "captain" in the training route (year 1), shown on the first picture in this thread:
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=251.0

Although I have the mod activated with Mod Manager (mod is Arcaniac Graphics PAck Reduxed).

The model is just a robot (default?).

I also have SHTUP Mod and Straylight Mod activated, but there should not be any conflicts between the three.

EDIT:
I apologize if the Arcaniac Mod have been altered since I last played the game. In that case everything should be fine, I guess.
« Last Edit: 24. September 2007, 23:14:38 by Dvorak »
665c3bc110b23
4. Doubleclicked Kolya's ss2tools v.2.3 - chose only patching,

I pointed you to the end of the SS2 Tool posting... You know, where it specifically says:
Case: HOTU SS2 version
Don't patch it, it's patched already.

Apart from that, if you have a multiplayer button in your main menu then your game is patched. No need to check for the executable version.

IIRC that captain was from an older version. I think you'll notice when the mod works anyway.
665c3bc110c57
Yeah. I'll shut up for a while, and try to help other people for a change. You know, try to pay it forward.

Thank you so much for your help though, and for being so patient. Hopefully I can help someone else later on :)
665c3bc110d3d
Aye, help with helping is always appreciated.  :thumbwink:
SS2: Re: SS2 Game does not start (video problem)
665c3bc110eb2
Hello.

I have more of less the same problem, but I have the HOTU version.

I installed it, used the Kolya SS2-Tool-v2.4, ran on an administrator account, but it crashes as soon as a cinematic (when I start a new game or click the Intro and Credit button). I tried renaming the LGVID.AX file and the game runs fine without cutscenes.

I wonder if it's because I'm using DivX 6.8 (the lastest version). It shouldn't be since I can see them just fine in Windows Media Player.

My specs (if it can help) are these:

CPU: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology 1.90 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
OS: Windows Vista Home Prenium (but the game starts and run just fine when I rename the file).
Graphic Card: ATI Radeon X1200

I tried disableing ffdshow, but it didn't changed anything. Maybe I did it wrong.

Thanks in advance

665c3bc110facben2444

665c3bc11100a
my game says it's patched but there's no multi player menu. i've done all the installation methods but my game gets into the main menu, then freezez. if i make it to start game it crashes as soon as i start it. i have an iso image and a cracked .exe, and i've tried but the game won't start without it. i seriously need help.

alright i just tried again but now it crashes upon start-up

665c3bc11125bben2444

665c3bc1112c6
my game says it's patched but there's no multi player menu. i've done all the installation methods but my game gets into the main menu, then freezez. if i make it to start game it crashes as soon as i start it. i have an iso image and a cracked .exe, and i've tried but the game won't start without it. i seriously need help.

alright i just tried again but now it crashes upon start-up

never mind i got it to work

665c3bc111637Enchantermon

665c3bc11168e
It would be preferable if you told us how you got it to work so that others may try the solution in the future if they need to. :)
665c3bc111836
Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but instead of starting a new one I'm hoping in a single response I can get the answer I'm looking for.

I've done everything the fellow who originally made this post did.

I'm to the point where the game will run, but will inevitably error when starting a new game.

"System Shock 2 has stopped working."

I know that if I rename LGVID.AX it will work, but I'd rather have all the videos working. :)

====FIXED====

I thought I only had to:

regsvr32 "c:\your\path\to\SS2\LGVID.AX

Didn't know I also had to:

regsvr32 ir50_32.dl

source: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php/topic,520.0.html
« Last Edit: 17. October 2010, 11:33:20 by Jared »
2 Guests are here.
Astronauts are cool. It is hard being a person, I think astronauts have the advantage.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c3bc111f44