665b1a3e168a2

665b1a3e17649
1 Guest is here.

665b1a3e1869eBriareos H

665b1a3e1871a
those who had a neutral image in their mind have probably played the floppy version (no voiceovers) of SS1 first.
Yes, although I'm pretty sure the texts from the CD enhanced version are still rather inconsistent, as well as the manual (occurences of 'he/his/him'). Besides the heavily modified but distinctly female voice, SHODAN isn't so obviously gendered even in the CD version. SHODAN also refers to itself as a god.
665b1a3e18ad3
Humanity is on the verge of a new era: I, SHODAN, am its new God and you, my children, are my avenging angels.

665b1a3e18c85voodoo47

665b1a3e18cfe
probably also depends on whether a female character can refer to herself as god instead of goddess without sounding weird in the players native tongue.
665b1a3e19233
Because I can't stand dumb people, and such statings make me rip my hair out, which is getting ligther already.

Look at those ironic misspellings  O_o

Someone has a SHODAN complex.

It's a bit difficult to judge whether somebody is dumb or not just because they don't know what System Shock is and didn't bother to do any research and jumped to conclusions. Sure it reveals a trait but that's all. It was probably also the words of a teenager.
It is still irritating though, yes.

Off Topic: Still waiting on news of Ken Levine's game that targets core gamers...I hope he still has the design insight to make fantastic games.

Everybody is dumb for not playing my Deus Ex mod ;) It does after all attempt to stay true to the Looking Glass design/design of the original game, just attempts to advance it.
« Last Edit: 29. May 2014, 21:25:48 by Join usss! »
665b1a3e193bc
I have a hunch that Levines' next game won't be a FP-RPG/ImSim.
665b1a3e19671
I have a hunch that Levines' next game won't be a FP-RPG/ImSim.

Yeah, he did say it will be a game type he has never touched on before. Epic Bugs Bunny?  :awesome:
Whatever it is I hope it is good, Epic Bugs Bunny included, but of course I am upset that it likely won't be a FP-RPG/ImSim.
665b1a3e19782
I think this pic posted by GTCvDeimos is even faithfullier.

665b1a3e198a3ZylonBane

665b1a3e198ee
You like this sweater? It's totally cybernetic.

665b1a3e19977voodoo47

665b1a3e199c0
the Goggles sketch is pretty good though.
665b1a3e19f85
At first I thought the same thing but now I realize that I don't mind. It's definitely not a faithful recreation of SHODAN's face in SS2, but I was always annoyed by the fact that SHODAN was overtly, almost cartoonishly female in the sequel (them lips!). A more androgynous and neutral visage fits better SHODAN as I imagine it, this one looks less menacing but more imposing.

I wouldn't agree about imposing, as she looks kinda...normal, even compared with how she looked in SS2. Though I wish they'd go back to how SHODAN appeared in the first System Shock's email icons/screen - that menacing, almost demonic mass of wires and circuits passing itself off as a face (of course graphics kinda restrained that, but a proper idea is given in the attached pic - sadly I can't find a proper size version)
http://www.ttlg.com/ss1/voiceres/email/Shodan23A.gif
Wouldn't like to be faced with a giant version of that!
[sysho.jpg expired]
665b1a3e1a098
That picture was used (cropped) as the cover of the System Shock Strategies and Secrets guide.
665b1a3e1a194
Any chance that the uncropped version is floating around somewhere?
665b1a3e1a2a2
Couldn't find one so far. I have a version that's a few pixels larger but also blurrier. Google's reverse image search turns up nothing. Maybe should try again in a few months.

There's a similar image of SHODAN on the first page of the guide if you haven't seen it.

665b1a3e1a625voodoo47

665b1a3e1a678
yeeeah blowing things away does not really work here, a disintegration/deconstruction would be much better. remember, this is not real, it's all in Goggles' head.
665b1a3e1a904
A deconstruction like in the original one would certainly look more "cyberisque".
But to be honest, I kinda enjoyed this flashy deconstruction he created.
You could see it as Goggles mind trying to restrain it and Shodan has to tear it apart with brute force instead of just nonchalantly make the room disappear.
665b1a3e1aa0d
I like it. Although I kinda expected space to be beyond these walls with Goggles eventually standing on tiny island of light in the vast ocean of darkness and SHODAN hovering like a dark moon. As it is, it looks like SHODAN had been living between the walls on OPs, like a rat.

665b1a3e1aa98voodoo47

665b1a3e1aae7
also, aren't things a bit too narrow?
1 Guest is here.
I just found a four legged spider. THEY'RE DEVOLVING.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b1a3e1abe1