665c01827cb7c

665c01827d560
1 Guest is here.

665c01827db79
I want to create a door that only opens if it has been switchlinked by two objects. The one being a button, and the other a tripwire in front of the door. What i have done is created a MultiTrigger that i switchlink to the door. Then i switchlink both the button, and the tripwire to that MultiTrigger. But this does not work. The way i read about it, the MultiTrigger only sends a switchlink signal if all its "incomming" switchlinks have sent a TurnOn signal, so another question is, if a button only sends a TurnOn signal shortly or does it keep sending that signal if its default is TurnOff and it gets frobbed ? Hope you understand me :-)

665c01827dcbfZylonBane

665c01827dd0f
Put NVSpy on the multitrigger to make sure it's actually receiving TurnOn messages.
665c01827e050
Put NVSpy on the multitrigger to make sure it's actually receiving TurnOn messages.

Good tip, didnt know about that. But it seems that my MultiTrigger only needs a TurnOn signal from one of its incoming switchlinks to open the door. Have i misunderstood the purpose of the MultiTrigger ?

EDIT: I really dont understand this .. If i either press the button or move inside the tripwire the door opens like normal.. However only the first time.. If i have moved inside the tripwire the first time, the door opens and closes like normal, but if i move inside the tripwire again, without having pressed the button the door does not open. I then have to go press the button, but then the door will keep it self open
« Last Edit: 16. December 2014, 10:07:07 by Da9L »

665c01827e182Nameless Voice

665c01827e1cf
The TriggerMulti script doesn't appear to work more then once.
I suggest that you use TrapRequireAll from the SS2 version of PublicScript instead.

665c01827e25dZylonBane

665c01827e2a7
Or he should be using an unlock trap.

665c01827e54aRocketMan

665c01827e59c
I did precisely this when I was reverse engineering how quests work but I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it...
665c01827e6a5
I think i should be reading up on traps. Its something i know nothing about atm (and if i want something with what im doing i will sure have to get to know them)

So lets see if i can find anything about TrapRequireAll !

Thanks for your help again everyone!
665c01827e7e9
Im trying to figure out Traps, but im already getting into some trouble. I wanted to start with something simple so went with the Notes part. Created a override with NOTES.STR inside a strings folder in my FMs folder. When launching ShockEd i select my FM from the selector. If i then go into gamemode, it seems like my notes DOES appear but only when im standing inside the tripwire it self. If i move outside of the tripwire they dissapear again. :(
665c01827ecf1

Thanks but i do not see that im doing anything wrong really..

I've figured that i can use three objects in all and link them with switchlinks like so:

Tripwire -> OnFilter -> QB Set

Then the Note will remain when i move outside of the Tripwire.. But is this the correct way?
« Last Edit: 17. December 2014, 17:39:36 by Da9L »
1 Guest is here.
There's a city in my mind.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c01827edf3