665afb8a3ef94

665afb8a3fd24
1 Guest is here.

Topic: (infinite money): Which game would you want to make?
Page: « 1 2 [3]
Read 3697 times  

665afb8a403fb

What would be nice is seeing groups of 3 vs a mmo world.
People barging in suddenly while a group is hacking a terminal 1 hacking the other two covering him.
The hackers gun breaks and hands it to his team mate that has the skill and tools to fix it.
the other team mate using spells to buff his team or deal psi damage.

If this were just a SS2 mod, not its own game, much micromanagement would be impossible... because the two singleplayers wouldn't communicate. :D You wouldn't be able to give your shotgun to the other player. You could, however, engage in scripted events such as:

- Marie (in the past) places her shotgun in a strongbox, which gives out a passcode
- Goggles (in the present) uses the passcode to open a locked strongbox with a shotgun inside

Think of the quest to recharge the battery, and open the door from Medsci1 to Medsci2. Goggles has recharger but no battery. Marie has the opposite, so she sends the battery to Goggles. Goggles' door opens, and right away he finds a manual override passcode for Marie to use the door herself.
« Last Edit: 14. January 2015, 13:12:29 by xdiesp »
665afb8a405c3
Sounds like the communication system in the film 12 monkeys.
665afb8a40882
Sounds like the communication system in the film 12 monkeys.

Also like that Keanu Reeves movie, one step closer to System Shoujo (and the end of the world).

To keep things manageable, Marie would just play like a gender swapped Goggles. And the twist in the end, would be that the gameplay mechanic was the real thing. The coop players weren't really communicating at all, it was SHODAN inpersonating the other. In the very last puzzle, you use what you learned through the single player's paradoxes to make a final lifesaver one.
665afb8a40a2f
The ability to buy / find / trade / sell individual virtual game items would be really cool.
Theft could also be an option... cooperative, competitive - 'capture the flag' ?
The game (or groups) could get credits for keeping/protecting assets.
Some people would rather play defensively / offensively.
Low end ways to accumulate starter 'money'...

Time limits for a 'mission' could be agreed on by the small team.
  (don't bite off a situation that will take longer than you have)

Loads of potential ... and a market for functional bar-coded 'toys'.  :paranoid:
And everything tracked by a micro-transaction capable server.
Cell phones and (existing) 'heads-up' interface glasses... etc.
665afb8a40d59
Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old thread. I just found it.

Anyway, I figured that I would reply. These were all of the things that I could think up in roughly 10 minutes if I had infinite money, time & resources and could turn all of that towards the gaming scene:

* Hunt down and find "Ultima VIII: The Lost Vale" and release it to the public for free.

* Hunt down and find "Bioforge Plus" and release that to the public for free.

* Hunt down and find LucasArts' 2004 "Sam and Max Freelance Police" and release that to the public for free.

* Hunt down and find the first version of "Timeshift" and (you guessed it) release that to the public for free.

* Release a proper SDK of "Tron 2.0" so that the modding community for that game could thrive.

* Release a proper SDK of "Vampires the Masquerade: Bloodlines" so the modding community for that game doesn't need to perform all sorts of tricks to keep that game going.

* On second thought, just release the source code for "Tron 2.0" and "Vtm:B" as well.

* Release the level editor for "Lemmings Revolution" and possibly the source code so that game could be modded back up to what it was originally supposed to be.

* Even though the source code for Thief 1/ 2 / System Shock 2 has supposedly leaked, make it official so that such unofficial patches are no longer quasi-illegal.

* Give a huge bag of money to "The Dark Mod" developers so that they may create a proper single-player campaign to go along with their excellent program (along with maintaining it's support).

* Monetary assistance to maintain "OpenMW" well past it's 1.0 release.

* Monetary assistance to maintain "0 A.D." well past it's 1.0 release.

* Release the level editor to "Project: Eden" and release it's source code as well.

* Remake "Moonbase Commander" with 3D graphics and the expansion that was supposedly planned for it but never made or released.

* Give the Ultima IP back to Richard Garriott or, at the very least, the single-player portion of it.

* Give the Space Quest IP back to The Two Guys from Andromeda (although I'm sure that SpaceVenture will do just fine, but still...)

* Release the source code for "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" so that it can be played properly and modded to it's fullest potential.

* Buy the Atari IP and give it to Curt Vendel.

* Give Curt Vendel a big bag of money to develop and release the Atari Flashback Portable (beyond it's prototype phase).

* Buy all of the alphas and betas of "Prey" (not of the current "Prey" but all of the aborted attempts) and release that into open source.

* Establish a library of computer games, complete with source code, so that games and their materials are not lost to time, natural disasters or ineptitude.

I think that's it for now. I know that there are many other things that have annoyed me over the years.
1 Guest is here.
I really support you doing this.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665afb8a41a26