665cac372c158

665cac372cd28
1 Guest is here.

665cac372d19dMkilbride

665cac372d210
So I read alot about the 8800 series having crappy 16-bit support or so, and the game will look awful, well, THAT SUCKS, but I can't even get the game to start.

I have the latest, 169.21(Omega ones, contains tons of fixes)

It starts up, and I can dance around on the menu(With distorted colors, of course)

But if I do anything such as start a game or go to another menu and go back to the main screen, it'll crash..

I tried the safe textures command and I set affinity to single core, using the processor.bat method and checked, it all worked.

Seems tons of other people are having issues such as this, and it's a real pain. I installed the unofficial patch mods here and such and I still get such issues( I applied the official too, before hand)

Honestly, I heard that backwards support for the 8800 was bad, but this is just a game from 1999, Half-Life is from 1998(With a engine from 1996"Modified Quake engine, with parts of the Quake 2 Engine)) and it runs smooth and silky, so I have no idea.

Mm, it's rather disturbing as I never played this game, but I hear it's creepier than F.E.A.R. and such games(Which really freak me out, at times)

So, anything I can do besides swapping my old card in? I mean, I wanna play this game, but that seems like a hastle. You guys seem nice, so I hope I can find a way to play this game, thank you.

665cac372d3d2Nameless Voice

665cac372d420
Downgrading to a slightly more recent version of the drivers (163.xx) is supposed to stop the crashes, at least.

Other than that, complain to nVidia, then complain and complain again.

I explained where you can all complain to in this post on TTLG.

665cac372d4e2Mkilbride

665cac372d52d
Mm, thanks, but downgrading isn't much of an option, oh well, another gem I won't get to play.

665cac372d5ecNameless Voice

665cac372d635
Why isn't downgrading an option?
The latest drivers are buggy, they supposedly break far more than just SS2 (I seem to recall mention of Thief 2, AvP, Doom 3, etc.).
If I were you, I'd downgrade until the next release, which should - one would hope - fix the issue.
I can't check for myself since I'm using an ATI card right now.

665cac372d728Mkilbride

665cac372d771
Because my current ones are stable. I tried downgrading to the 163.21s(Which I used with my 6800) and I actually lost performance on all my other games(HL2, Crysis, ectera)

I'd prefer not to loose performance in games just to gain it in others. I realize that it will prevent me from enjoying some classics, but still.

I know Nvidia drivers are buggy POS's usually, but I stayed with 91.47 for so long, and when i got my new 8800, I used 163.21, but in light of Crysis, I upgraded, and saw improved performance.

Besides, I'm using the Omega series, they pretty much fix all issues with Nvidia drivers.
665cac372d869
Hi guys, im new in this forum :D

got problems too with SS2+8800GT.

at the startup i get always a error message

"You video hardware is not supported by System Shock 2"

thx for any help^^
665cac372da49
Someone came up with the same problem on TTLG. Looks like playing without SHTUP might make the game playable (albeit ugly).
1 Guest is here.
Hacker begins unauthorized entry into the TriOptimum corporate network
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665cac372e9bc