665c17f6a9255

665c17f6a9dde
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Editing OS upgrades Read 1085 times  

665c17f6aa220
So I plan to make a mod that alters the OS upgrades to something more useful. But I don't know how to edit them. Please guide me on how to do it.

665c17f6aa4ffvoodoo47

665c17f6aa552
few are under editors/gamesys parameters. some can be tweaked via NVscript and by editing metaprops, but no details, never tried myself. you will have to wait for a hi-level Shockeder to drop by (ThiefsieFool, for example).
665c17f6aa866
In my understanding, there's 3 tiers of difficulty in editing OS Upgrades:

1) For starters, it is very easy to tweak the values of Tank, Sharpshooter and Lethal Weapon. Open a map in Shocked and select Editors, Gamesys Paramenters. Edit the values at will, then save your modifid gamesys through File, Save Gamesys, shock2.gam.

2) Mid-range difficulty is attaching a metapropriety to any of the talents. We've been doing this with the new OS Upgrades of Infinite, as listed below. Metaproprieties are easy to use for armor effects (less radiation damage, no fall damage etc) but can also be used as switches. That's how the last upgrades pulls a switch which unlocks the flag for the best ending.

Environmental Resistance
Provides immunity to all radiation and toxins.

Exoskeleton
Grants +20 bonus defense and 3 extra inventory slots.

Velocity Modulator
Increases speed by 20% and grants immunity to fall damage.

Security Expert
Disabling security also shuts down any security robot.

Synthetic Heart
Increases hit points by 15.

Neuromancer
No time limit in Cyberspace and bonus to hacking against security terminals.

Charged Strike
Melee attacks can be charged for 100% more damage.

Scavenger
You recover additional items from defeated enemies.

Blast Proof
Grants immunity to psionic burnout and splash damage from heavy weapons.

Handyman
Damaged recharge stations no longer explode when used.

Mnemonic
Subconsciously implements any unrecovered memories.

3) Much more can be done through scripts, as in Secmod. Personally I imported their code to modify Naturally Able and Speedy, and notice how the former can also be given a passive +% bonus to all cybermodules received.

Last but not least changing Smasher's Strike bonus damage is a bit boring but simple to achieve, and Cyber Assimilation can easily be expanded to any kind of enemy and to any kind of item reward... sorta. You can only input very short names, so you'd have to clone some items with a name too long to fit in (like havng an alternate "small standard clip", called "small clip").
665c17f6aae01
Mid-range difficulty is attaching a metapropriety to any of the talents. We've been doing this with the new OS Upgrades of Infinite, as listed below. Metaproprieties are easy to use for armor effects (less radiation damage, no fall damage etc) but can also be used as switches. That's how the last upgrades pulls a switch which unlocks the flag for the best ending.
So how to attach a metaproperty to a trait? I notice there's a property in the Player option called Traits, which lets me fill numbers in four fields for each trait. Will this help me to assign metaproperties to traits?
1 Guest is here.
what's it like to be small town and gay
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c17f6aba2d