665c2b30e1fe0

665c2b30e2af8
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Pipe Weapon Mod Idea/Request Read 791 times  

665c2b30e2fcbXKILLJOY98

665c2b30e304b
I have an Idea/Request for a mod. You know how there is a pipe used by hybrids, well I think that it would be a neat idea if there was a mod that added the pipe as a playable/usable weapon like in system shock 1. I'd make this mod myself but, I have never made a mod before, so I don't know how to create them. Anyway, does anyone else think that this would be a neat/interesting idea for a mod?

665c2b30e3227voodoo47

665c2b30e327a
you need to be able to make a model for the new weapon, both the world model and the hand model. then it's just a question of putting the resources together into a mod that would replace the wrench with the pipe.

but most people probably wouldn't want to replace the iconic SS2 wrench I'd say.
665c2b30e3669
I hardly see a benefit in a mod like this.
But if you really want to see come it alive the best bet would be to do it yourself. There aren't many people here who actively do mods, and they are already busy with other stuff.
Just go ahead and work yourself into modding for this game, there are guides and tutorials available to get a start. And if you have any questions you can just as and usually people will help you right of the bat.

Following voodoo47s post, a simple replacement of the wrench really is just a model. But I thought of it more like the wrench ghouls dropping a wrench which can be used as an alternative weapon to the wrench.

665c2b30e372aXKILLJOY98

665c2b30e377c
Well, the model is already there (unless you want to make a new one), and I wasn't suggesting replacing the wrench, just adding the pipe as an additional weapon.

665c2b30e3ab0XKILLJOY98

665c2b30e3b09
I hardly see a benefit in a mod like this.
But if you really want to see come it alive the best bet would be to do it yourself. There aren't many people here who actively do mods, and they are already busy with other stuff.
Just go ahead and work yourself into modding for this game, there are guides and tutorials available to get a start. And if you have any questions you can just as and usually people will help you right of the bat.

Following voodoo47s post, a simple replacement of the wrench really is just a model. But I thought of it more like the wrench ghouls dropping a wrench which can be used as an alternative weapon to the wrench.

I just thought it would be a neat/interesting idea, and add a new weapon.

I've never tried modded outside of bethesda games, but I suppose I could try it.

665c2b30e3bcbvoodoo47

665c2b30e3c18
the pipe is part of the AI model, so it can't be dropped. but, as long as a standalone world model exists, making the AI wield and drop it is pretty easy - with NVscript, you can attach anything to anything, and make it drop it upon any stimuli.

665c2b30e3e89XKILLJOY98

665c2b30e3edb
the pipe is part of the AI model, so it can't be dropped. but, as long as a standalone world model exists, making the AI wield and drop it is pretty easy - with NVscript, you can attach anything to anything, and make it drop it upon any stimuli.

So it is possible to do with ss2tool/shockEd/modding tools?, alright then, I guess I just have to download the modding tools then.

665c2b30e3f8dvoodoo47

665c2b30e3fd8
the xmas mod and realSG are good examples, attaching things to AIs and making them drop them when appropriate. again, you need to have the object models before you start to set things up.
1 Guest is here.
Down, down, down... to where?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c2b30e4edb