665b1ed2a0992
2 Guests are here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 4
Page: « 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 12 »
Read 25508 times  

665b1ed2a0fcfnithelyth

Re: SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 5
665b1ed2a1043
Hello, i don't know if this is the right thread for suggestions (i've already made suggestions in the engineering section some time ago):

i have seen a few years ago that someone of you has made some fantastic toilets on board the rickenbacker (i don't find the posting anymore); is there any chance that it will be implemented someday? it would make it so much more immersive of course..

Then i have another suggestion : ) 

The very first room on the ops-deck (with the xerxes terminal) would be much more realistic & more lobby-like if there would be added some benches, trashcans, garbage, airducts, phone-terminals (ducts & destroyable machinery on the walls like in medsci on ops deck in general, it would make it much more coherent quality-wise or so; you can tell that those decks were made by different people) and maybe even put some glass-ceiling on the ceiling in that xerxes node room; i made some very rough examples with paint : )

Image: http://i67.tinypic.com/169m8sg.png

Image: http://i67.tinypic.com/29e56k7.png

665b1ed2a127avoodoo47

665b1ed2a12c3
rule of the thumb is "don't add stuff unless very necessary". a good example would be the shooting range, which didn't have the actual shooting targets even though the model exists in the resource archives, or the entire ops4, which was so empty that some items and decorations have been added. as far as that Xerxes room goes, it never struck me as particularly unfinished, and I don't really see what could be added without affecting the overall aesthetics in a negative way.

as far as the Rick toilets go, I personally am leaning slightly towards adding some, but never considered their lack significantly anomalous or immersion breaking - remember, a big chunk of Rick is inaccessible, so the toilets could just have been located there. anyway, they are ZB's creation, so he's calling the shots.

665b1ed2a1393nithelyth

665b1ed2a13e1
Thanks for response.. I'm still insisting that imho the ops-xerxes-'lobby'-room would look much more coherent (and cosier :3) with the aforementioned changes.. Looks like i have to learn leveldesign with that dark-engine or so & do those changes for myself :l and i would put a glass ceiling on top of it.. :V

665b1ed2a14a8voodoo47

665b1ed2a14f5
adding a bunch of items in the editor is easy, and can even be done via dmls, not touching the level itself (when you are modifying an already modified level directly, you will have to reapply all the changes once the root mod gets updated). dml modding is limited, but should be sufficient if popping in a dozen of objects to the Xerxes room is all you want.

665b1ed2a158dnithelyth

665b1ed2a15fc
thank you very much; i will try it soon.. : ))

665b1ed2a1768GuyFawkesGaming

665b1ed2a17b8
I was curious if Olfread's objects were still need with scp or shtup, so I did a file comparison using freefilesync (amazing utility for the application) and found the following.
These were missing from scp:
Hydo1.bin - New Hydro Doors
Shield.bin - Shuttle Shield
txt16\Basm.png - B-Ball net texture

Strangely the first 2 were included in shtup. I know the current shtup is older than the current scp so I assume the files are obsolete. Oddly Basm.png fixes and issue with the net being parted, so I'm confused as to why it's not included in either of them.

665b1ed2a1855voodoo47

665b1ed2a18a8
Fixed Objects are always recommended exactly because not all files might be up to date in the SCP/SHTUP package.
« Last Edit: 05. July 2019, 11:20:37 by voodoo47 »
665b1ed2a19ba
Good day friends,

I see a new patch has come out on steam for the game. I kitted out the game with user made mods about a year ago and I'm worried that the new patch would have caused problems?

Does anyone know if it does or if I need to do something to keep the experience as intended? Thanks!

665b1ed2a1a79voodoo47

665b1ed2a1ac4
always keep the game up to date, either by installing the latest GOG/steam build, or (especially if you want to use mods) by patching it up with SS2tool. if mods get disabled by an update, simply re-enable them in the modmanager.

the GOG/steam update and mods are maintained by the same people, so no need to worry about compatibility.

665b1ed2a1bb0ZylonBane

665b1ed2a1bfe
Isn't the improved object pack shield model just the SHTUP shield model?

665b1ed2a1ccdvoodoo47

665b1ed2a1d1c
it is, afaik.

665b1ed2a2117GuyFawkesGaming

665b1ed2a2170
Fixed Objects are always recommended exactly because not all files might be up to date in the SCP/SHTUP package.
Well that's just the thing though, from my understanding the release dates are first SHTUP, then Olfread and finally SCP. This date order was also reflected in the file comparison. Doesn't that mean SCP should have the latest if not better?
Here's a few files that have common names but are different versions of the file according to the utility I used.

Code: [Select]
SHTUP vs olfread

basket.bin - B-Ball Hoop
brl_exp.bin - Explode Barrel
light1.bin - Wedge Wall Light
light2.bin - Engineering Wedge Light
msd_b.bin - broken medsci door
poddoor.bin - Cryo Tube door
Rick001.bin - RD_Door_1

SCP vs olfread

air_re.bin - Air Recirculator
air_reof.bin - Air Recirc No Filter
botlevo.bin - Vodka bottle
locker.bin
toilet.bin
tu_fdam.bin - Blast Turret Corpse
tu_ldam.bin - Laser Turret Corpse
tu_sdam.bin - Slug Turret Corpse
ventfan.bin

SCP vs SHTUP

air_re.bin - Air Recirculator
air_reof.bin - Air Recirc No Filter
basket.bin - B-Ball Hoop - no
botlevo.bin - Vodka bottle
brl_exp.bin - Explode Barrel
light1.bin - Wedge Wall Light
light2.bin - Engineering Wedge Light
locker.bin
msd_b.bin - broken medsci door
poddoor.bin - Cryo Tube door
Rick001.bin - RD_Door_1 - no
toilet.bin
tu_fdam.bin - Blast Turret Corpse
tu_ldam.bin - Laser Turret Corpse
tu_sdam.bin - Slug Turret Corpse
ventfan.bin

lets start with the first one, SHTUP vs Olfread, as it gave me the dates for everything; All those SCP files are merely high res versions of the standard Olfread ones except "brl_exp.bin", which has the "top texture repeated on bottom" bug olfread mentions is fixed in V12 (latest) in his read me but has the other fixes in v12.  This tells me the current SHTUP was released between V11 and 12 of Olfread's pack.

The second one is the area in question for this post; do the files that are different improve upon Olfread's or ZB's own version for some reason? Keep in mind that it also has those three files missing for some reason.

The last one is just a direct comparison of SHTUP to SCP, not too important but thought I'd include it anyways.

Also sorry for taking a few days to respond, life happens.

665b1ed2a2290voodoo47

665b1ed2a22e4
I believe I've got it right last time I was putting things together (basically, the various fixed objects are everywhere because some people, how to put it politely, are not wise enough to use all three mentioned mods together as intended), but will double check before beta5 is out.
« Last Edit: 08. July 2019, 19:15:23 by voodoo47 »

665b1ed2a2393ZylonBane

665b1ed2a23e0
Who the hell is "Olfread"?
Acknowledged by: GuyFawkesGaming

665b1ed2a246bvoodoo47

665b1ed2a24b7
Olfred's more bookwormy cousin.
Acknowledged by 3 members: ZylonBane, JML, GuyFawkesGaming

665b1ed2a2854GuyFawkesGaming

665b1ed2a28ad
I believe I've got it right last time I was putting things together (basically, the various fixed objects are everywhere because some people, how to put it politely, are not wise enough to use all three mentioned mods together as intended), but will double check before beta5 is out.
So fixed object weren't originally part of the pack but added by you? That does explain some things. I still would like if you could check as the files in SCP mentioned in my previous post have newer dates on SCP, implying possible additional fixes.
Who the hell is "Olfread"?
Opps....sorry Olfred.

665b1ed2a2ac9ZylonBane

665b1ed2a2b1e
Opps....sorry Olfred.
Opps? Opportunities? Opponents? Oppressors?
665b1ed2a2cc6
Starting at 0500 Robert Oppenheimer will operate on the Opportunities Deck in open opposition of his opponents:awesome:

665b1ed2a2d84voodoo47

665b1ed2a2dd1
RealSG_1.04 attached to the first post - fingerprinting cleanup, and making sure everything will work as it should with the upcoming updated Christine's fan missions.

must be installed cleanly, do not drop the new files into the 1.03 folder. should be fine to update mid-game.
« Last Edit: 01. February 2020, 15:54:58 by voodoo47 »

665b1ed2a2f37Misaka Mikoto

665b1ed2a2f84
I might be missing something, but I noticed that the \mesh\ folder in 1.0.4, unlike in 1.0.3, comes with the old low-poly hybrid model and textures, whereas the one in 1.0.3 came with the Rebirth-style model and textures. (At least I assume it did; those were what were in the folder for 1.0.3 before I deleted it to replace it with the 1.0.4 version.)

On doing a clean install of 1.0.4 and starting a new game, the shotgun hybrids were the old low-poly ones until I replaced the \mesh\ folder with the one included in 1.0.3, which contains the Rebirth-style model with its two textures, many_hd and many_ns, instead of the single texture og_ns02. On reverting the \mesh\ folder only to the one found in 1.0.3, hybrids regained their Rebirth appearance.

Am I missing something here?

665b1ed2a304evoodoo47

665b1ed2a309a
nope - definitely no Rebirth models in any SCP version out there. what you are seeing is a shotgun hybrid model with fixed texture mapping.

getting the Rebirth model after deleting the fixed one would mean you are running SCP with higher priority than Rebirth, which means you haven't read the guide, which pretty much says "whatever you do, SCP needs to have the lowest priority".
« Last Edit: 03. February 2020, 20:30:25 by voodoo47 »

665b1ed2a319eMisaka Mikoto

665b1ed2a31ec
Thanks for the quick response!

I don’t know how the Rebirth assets got into my 1.0.3 installation, then—I guess I put them there myself because of the mod priority issue you’ve pointed out.

For what it’s worth I did read the guide, and I thought I did indeed have SCP as the lowest-priority mod—it’s the final entry in my mod_path line.

Or, and this is embarrassing to contemplate, do I have the ordering reversed and the lower-priority mods should go earlier in that line?

665b1ed2a3290voodoo47

665b1ed2a32dc
no, but you should just use the modmanager, and not mix various mods together.

665b1ed2a33f1Misaka Mikoto

665b1ed2a343e
Good grief, I’m sorry, I see exactly what you mean.

As I mentioned I already did have SCP as the lowest-priority mod, but I was forgetting that of course RealSG is a separate mod from SCP proper, even though it’s associated with SCP, and so hadn’t checked RealSG’s priority; as I should have immediately realized, I had accidentally placed my Rebirth entry after my RealSG entry instead of before it.

I honestly don’t know why it didn’t occur to me to check that.

And yeah, I know you recommended the use of a mod manager, but this installation of SS2 dates to well before any existed, so its internal hierarchy is done differently, and as a result I’ve never switched over. Thanks for the quick response anyway and for letting me waste your time putting my head on straight. Everything’s working as it should now.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI in System Shock 2 that shares its name with a Persian king:
2 Guests are here.
I need more evidence to get on this ship.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b1ed2a3577