6646e05531f42

6646e055323db
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Audio Logs (SPOILERS)
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 6 »
Read 237760 times  

6646e05532a33lorax1284

6646e05532aae
The messages from Xerxes and the Many aren't emails: they're kind-of "broadcasts". They are triggered when you run down a specific hallway or whatever.

The goal would be placing them chronologically with the messages you get from Sho-Lito... that first message from the many where you start swooping around the brain room is on Engineering, as you head toward the storage bays, but I'd have to play the whole game through and make note of every Sho-Lito message, then roughly insert the Xerxes and Many messages (as even on the lower levels there is a degree of freedom, they won't be exact)

Perhaps someone who has some skill with tweaking the missions could locate the triggers nearby and that would help?

6646e05532c4eUnicron

6646e05532cce
I don't really have anything helpful or informative to say; this is just a personal observation.

For me, one of the most chilling experiences was when I killed a Hybrid and picked up an audio log.  Therein lay the last musings of a woman named Turnbull, who was in the process of changing... against her will.  She said she could feel the parasite within her own person, and used a simple but violating cluster of words: "Chewing, growing fat..."  All the while I could hear her voice slowly being altered by the other sentience imposing itself on her being. 

My mouth dropped, and I had to save and quit and walk it off.

This game is one of the most invasive, dark, violating pieces of literature I've ever encountered.  Part of me is glad I only just recently played the game; I have a feeling that at a younger age, this would have affected me greatly. 
6646e05533282

This game is one of the most invasive, dark, violating pieces of literature I've ever encountered. 

me too, sometimes I just have stop...

It's strange, when I play a game at some point I have to sop playing it... its my indication for a good game, cause its so great I don't want to finish ist :D

I have stoped several times at Shock2 and Deus Ex.... I haven't finished DE yet and I'am excited what else I get to see in DE :)

6646e055333b9Evengard

6646e0553340d
Finished this game ONLY yesterday (but I have it since 2000!!! I wasn't able to pass Many until I remembered to use the batteries to recharge my power armor :) ) This time with listening to every audiologs i've found... The game is even more scary with the understanding of these logs ) After that I even reread the logs on this site... I wasn't able to find only one log - of Bronson with the code of the armory storage on deck 2 ) And also wasn't able to find a multipicture with "[1" (code of transmitter) so I just tried one by one until I found it ) (only 20 variants, not so much ))) )
So where are these log and multipicture?
And... This game CAN continue... Tommy was hurted by a worm, you remember? THE MANY IS STILL ALIVE!!!! )))) And maybe with a part of SHODAN which saved a part of herself within the escape pod computer... )))
6646e0553359c
I was approached by unn_atropos with a transcription of the German audiologs. I took this opportunity to create a unified audiologs list. I spent today killing literally hundreds of validation errors, integrating the German logfile and converting the English audiofiles to MP3s to save on server space. The unified list now replaces Lorax1284's original list and my own list.
Several of the German entries and all of the the German audiofiles are still missing. Unfinished as it is, it's the most complete list we ever had.
I hope you don't mind me working on this Lorax1284, in any case, I kept backups.
« Last Edit: 20. March 2010, 23:26:31 by Kolya »
6646e0553374b
unn_atropos has now transcribed all the German entries and on top of that he provided converted German audio files. Many thanks for your work! Without you the German log page wouldn't exist.

unn_atropos hat nun sämtliche deutschen Logs transkribiert und zusätzlich die deutschen Audiodateien rausgesucht und konvertiert. Vielen Dank für Deine Arbeit! Ohne Dich gäbe es die deutsche Log Seite nicht.
6646e05533858
Misfile: The last Polito transmission on Deck 1 (EM108) gives you a SHODAN transmission from later in the game.

6646e055339e9Pain Elemental

6646e05533a3f
Downloads anywhere? I'd like to know, because I need these for my project.
6646e05533b4e
The audiofiles are all taken from the game, from sound.crf and sound2.crf. So if you have the game you have the files already.
What is the project by the way?

6646e05533be9Pain Elemental

6646e05533c36
I don't have the game, but I'll buy it from Amazon someday. I'm making a custom SS2 themed voice bank to Worms Armageddon.
6646e05533d21
I see. Well I cannot keep you from saving them from the audiologs page. A packed download is not available though.

6646e05534118Jamenjoel

6646e05534176
I don't really have anything helpful or informative to say; this is just a personal observation.

For me, one of the most chilling experiences was when I killed a Hybrid and picked up an audio log.  Therein lay the last musings of a woman named Turnbull, who was in the process of changing... against her will.  She said she could feel the parasite within her own person, and used a simple but violating cluster of words: "Chewing, growing fat..."  All the while I could hear her voice slowly being altered by the other sentience imposing itself on her being. 

This game is one of the most invasive, dark, violating pieces of literature I've ever encountered.  Part of me is glad I only just recently played the game; I have a feeling that at a younger age, this would have affected me greatly.

Is this the log where she says something similar to: "If im in your way, dont hesitate to finish me, i was already gone.."?

6646e05534573Annelid Arachnid

6646e055345c7
Kolya, did you leave out the log from the basic training, that explains how to use audiologs, on purpose?

And there is an email that isn't listed there, if you know what I'm talking about. Did you leave that out too, so that it wouldn't spoil peoples fun?
6646e055346eb
I only recoded parts of the page, I didn't do the content of the current incarnation of this list, that was lorax1284 and unn_atropos for the German part.
Anyway, the training message can be left out in my opinion. The other message you refer to is by the monkeys?

6646e05534a57Annelid Arachnid

6646e05534aab
I only recoded parts of the page, I didn't do the content of the current incarnation of this list, that was lorax1284 and unn_atropos for the German part.
Oh, okay.

The other message you refer to is by the monkeys?
Yepp, the easter egg.
6646e05534bd9
Mmh, well I'll keep those in mind. The messages of the Many also have to be added at some point.

If someone with HTML skills wants to volunteer for updating the list, I'd be grateful. Otherwise this will just have to wait.

6646e05534e34Enchantermon

6646e05534e86
I could do it if you want, as long as the HTML isn't super-complicated.
6646e05534fa3
No, it's not very complicated, should be mostly copy&paste + the work of finding the correct insertion points. Some basic understanding of framesets (yes, that obsolete tech) would also be helpful. :)

6646e0553503aEnchantermon

6646e05535085
Ugh, frames. :p
Cool. I'll read up on frames and get to work as soon as I can. :)

6646e05535122MrGamer

6646e05535170
Can someone tell me what is the backround music called? I really would like to put it on my MP3 and use in some of my other media pursuits.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI in System Shock 2 that shares its name with a Persian king:
1 Guest is here.
Wake up, to hug the mountain.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6646e0553539e