66484aa4bb75c

66484aa4bbd63
6 Guests are here.

Re: System Shock runs natively on Windows (no music)
66484aa4bc2a3
It's not supported yet in this program. He's working on it and will include it in a future update. If you want it now, get System Shock Portable1.2
« Last Edit: 08. November 2010, 14:07:06 by Stingm »

66484aa4bc411voodoo47

66484aa4bc485
higher resolutions are not supported (yet),but fullscreen mode should work normally (it works for me).
66484aa4bc5af
Look, I'm a newbie, so please try not to take offence at what is for you a basic error, but I can't run this.  I've extracted it, and I've changed the shlink.ini file to run the correct path to the OCDSHOCK.exe program, but when I try to run shlink.exe it opens the cmd box thing and shuts it again, and that's it. Any help?

66484aa4bc683voodoo47

66484aa4bc6d1
1) get SSP,unpack it
2) extract shlink.7z to the RES folder
3) edit GamePath in shlink.ini and type in the location of your shlink.exe (most typical would be GamePath=c:\Games\SSP\RES)

run shlink.exe
« Last Edit: 28. January 2011, 23:00:44 by voodoo47 »
66484aa4bc7cc
OK, when you said to move shlink, did you mean the entire folder or just shlink.exe?  Also, the cmd thing says it wants the path to OCDSHOCK.exe which I presume I have to put in the .ini GamePath.  But thanks for answering.

66484aa4bc889voodoo47

66484aa4bc8da
I did not say anything about moving. let's try it again:

1) get SSP,unpack it (to c:\Games for example)
2) extract shlink.7z to the RES folder (inside the SSP folder)
3) edit GamePath in shlink.ini and type in the location of your shlink.exe (most typical would be GamePath=c:\Games\SSP\RES)

run shlink.exe
66484aa4bc9ab
Well, I had already extracted the shlink.exe- running it was the problem I posted about.  Unless, do you mean extracting shlink from the 7z file again?
66484aa4bca8b
Oh...
66484aa4bcb59
It works! Thanks!

66484aa4bcdb5voodoo47

66484aa4bce0f
Oh...
yes, I meant extracting the entire shlink.7z archive. anyway, glad it works. and remember, the E key toggles the mouselook on/off.
« Last Edit: 29. January 2011, 09:21:18 by voodoo47 »
66484aa4bcf76
Another satisfied customer. ;)

66484aa4bd00eAhtiPasseli

66484aa4bd05a
Excelent work so far! Any progress on music support? The game feels a bit empty without it.

66484aa4bd145Malba Tahan

66484aa4bd19c
I haven't looked into it for some months (too little spare time, too many real-life things to do), but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I intend to take a look at it again in a couple months.
66484aa4bd2bd
Meanwhile you could get the music here and play it in the background. (Or play SSP.)
66484aa4bd3c0
Desperately awaiting an update (high res/full screen support, music)  :)

66484aa4bd465voodoo47

66484aa4bd4ba
fullscreen is supported, check shlink.ini.

66484aa4bd56aKyle873

66484aa4bd5be
It's too bad the scaling doesn't work properly. Anything but the default values just crashes.

66484aa4bd6b1Malba Tahan

66484aa4bd74c
I'm still working on this mod (every weekend at least), but I have too many "real life" stuff to do as well. I can't promise when it will be ready though.
By the way, did you know that System Shock modding is addictive? Yes, I'm addicted to it. I even dream about it sometimes.  :p

66484aa4bdbabgaspalorz

66484aa4bdc03
I'm still working on this mod (...)
Thanks for your hard work. By the way, I have posted second release candidate version of my GUI for your loader over here. All current features like paths, display mode selection and fullscreen settings are already supported. It might provide easier way for newbies (and generally everyone :sly:) to navigate around shlink.ini.

66484aa4bdf50Malba Tahan

66484aa4bdfa7
(...) By the way, I have posted second release candidate version of my GUI for your loader (...)
It seems to be very nice and well done, good work! I thought about doing some kind of UI interface using Delphi, but afterwards I abandoned it, because I decided to focus on the loader itself. I haven't tested your GUI yet, though. By the way, I'm developing a new Shlink version under Linux and MacOS X now. Of course it will still work under Windows (it's the mod's primary "target OS").

66484aa4be051voodoo47

66484aa4be0e0
great news :thumbwink:

66484aa4be1f4gaspalorz

66484aa4be244
I found it easier to code the GUI using some sort of scripting language rather than in C and GTK. Of course, the latter would provide portability but, sadly, also require Windows GTK runtime installation. Methinks it is safe to say that POSIX users won't need any GUI, given how much time they spend in console anyway :rolleyes: in the end, they may still run the GUI through WINE ;)

Have you though about adding recording capabilities, similar to what DOSbox does? Eg. have separate thread dump the audio/video output into some MJPEG-like container.

66484aa4be508Malba Tahan

66484aa4be55c
Have you though about adding recording capabilities, similar to what DOSbox does? Eg. have separate thread dump the audio/video output into some MJPEG-like container.
Nice idea, I hadn't thought about it. I'll add it to my to-do list!

66484aa4be66agaspalorz

66484aa4be6bf
Don't get me wrong, MJPEG is the video codec, not a container. DOSbox uses own ZMBV encoder - its library should be freely available.

Second, I'd like to report few issues regarding shlink input:
-pressing Caps Lock or / (forward slash) causes it to terminate unconditionally
-pressing ? (shift + /) causes it to permanently freeze with sound repeating in a tight loop (aargh)
-F11/F12 (gamma controls) buttons have their functions switched, eg. when I press F11, HUD will display "gamma raised" message, yet everything gets darker (vice versa with F12)
-Sliders may be "torn off" from their widgets and moved around the screen as mouse pointer images (no idea if this used to happen in the original game too)

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
6 Guests are here.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66484aa4be805