664ae30af1492

664ae30af1af2
1 Guest is here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 1
Page: « 1 ... 18 [19]
Read 14576 times  

Re: Re: SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 1
664ae30af2600

no good with trolling here.  my feelings are hurt.. i like system shock toilets, but nevertheless: it vvould be nice to have some high-polygon toilet models with smooth curves.. it's very angular shaped now as it is

I can only repeat: I would very much like to see more of that in the game, but as Kolya insinuated it looks disgusting and VERY cold right now. A bit more high-tech with e.g. Peltier elements?
Anyway, I'm just stalking and waiting for Beta 2, that hopefully arrives as a Halloween present :)

664ae30af27f0ZylonBane

664ae30af2848
Stasis field generator, before and after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprRUfJqDmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-OrbJHMsk

Impact sounds repurposed from some unused Midwife laser sounds. Area-of-effect shots now actually show the area of effect. And yes, the AoE shot spins now.

664ae30af2b59System Shocked

664ae30af2baa
. . . Anyway, I'm just stalking and waiting for Beta 2, that hopefully arrives as a Halloween present :)

« Last Edit: 18. October 2015, 12:30:02 by System Shocked »
664ae30af2d2e
Hi, I have a question.
Does the patch modify strings.crf or intrface.crf? Does it include new strings of text?
Can one play it with italian translation without problem?
Thanks, regards.

664ae30af2e08ZylonBane

664ae30af2e59
Of course it modifies string files. Lots of them!
664ae30af3348
Hi, I have a question.
Does the patch modify strings.crf or intrface.crf? Does it include new strings of text?
Can one play it with italian translation without problem?
Thanks, regards.
I did a German translation of SCP which so far is the only one to my knowledge. It's actually not so hard to do, there are ~150 (?) or so fixes and changes to the original files which you can fill in during a weekend. Just get notepad++ and set your encoding to codepage850, use the compare plugin to look at both English versions simultaneously and carry over the translations to the Italian one available here.

You can play with the original translation, of course, but because of the many balance changes, many descriptions will not fit the actual gameplay which is bad for newcomers.
« Last Edit: 20. October 2015, 16:35:29 by Marvin »

664ae30af3609ZylonBane

664ae30af365b
...the many balance changes...
There are very few balance changes in SCP, and most of them didn't even require a string change. There's Tank giving more HP, and... hmm, that's the only one I can think of right now.
Acknowledged by: Marvin
664ae30af3798
Nice area effect on the SFG.

664ae30af38f0voodoo47

664ae30af393b
there are some very few changes that could be considered balance changes, but it's really just removing inconsistencies and illogical stuff, like the mentioned tank upgrade (the vanilla 5HP are laughable), SFG being able to freeze all regular sized AIs (as there is no reason it shouldn't be able to), turrets with broken hack ports now being repairable (again, no reason you shouldn't be able to), modifying damage of some weapons to make them more less OP and/or crap (any official patch does that) etc.

the string changes are mostly grammar, so not too critical, but still nice to have, if you can get them into a translation.

664ae30af39f1ZylonBane

664ae30af3a3a
Other than grammar, I'd say most of the string changes have been added item descriptions. Also some added quest notes.

I didn't realize failed turret hacks could be repaired. Are you sure that wasn't something we discussed but rejected? I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.

664ae30af3adbvoodoo47

664ae30af3b2d
check gam38 notes. there were no objections back then, but if there are some now, the changes are very simple and easily reverted. though I believe that anything that makes repair more useful is good.

664ae30af3bb1ZylonBane

664ae30af3bfb
No objection. Just don't remember it.

664ae30af3cd5MilkeyWilkey

664ae30af3d32
gues what day is it today  :rolleyes:

664ae30af41beZylonBane

664ae30af4210
Tags: °gamesys °mis °string °texture °sound °object °SS2 °obsolete

A newer version is available: SCP Beta 4

System Shock 2 Community Patch (SCP) — Beta 1

"It's Still Barely Halloween Somewhere" Release

About
SCP is intended to serve as an unofficial patch for System Shock 2 that delivers an authentic but also highly polished SS2 gameplay experience—hopefully approximating the form SS2 would have taken if Irrational had had a few more months to work on it before release. All changes have been made with the intent of respecting Irrational’s original vision. The other goal of SCP is to upgrade SS2 to take advantage of the enhanced graphical features of the NewDark engine in those ways that are beyond the means of standalone mods.

The guiding principle for SCP has been that SS2’s gameplay is fine as-is, and that its greatest strength is immersion—its ability to make players feel like they’re really trapped on board the Von Braun with all its horrors. So while we’ve tweaked game systems and made adjustments to the level geometry, the goal hasn’t been balancing gameplay, but rather eliminating those things that don’t make sense to the point that they take you out of the game. Anything illogical, gamey, or otherwise immersion-breaking, we’ve tried to correct.

SCP requires System Shock 2 patched to version 2.43+ (SS2Tool) and you need to start a new game.

Also included is a preview version of SHTUP-ND, highly recommended for use with SCP.

Report any issues (other than installation issues) in this thread.

Download Here (please try these links first)
SCP_beta1.7z
SCP_beta1_readme.pdf
SHTUP-ND_beta0.7z

No not these links dummy, the ones up there ^^^. These are just mirrors in case the primary links go dead.
« Last Edit: 01. November 2017, 17:47:19 by ZylonBane »
1 Guest is here.
But see how they shimmer, Mr. Sir!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664ae30b001c7