665b0c084f987

665b0c0850606
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SSR Changes and Stretch goals Read 6162 times  

665b0c085123eXKILLJOY98

665b0c08512a5
This has been talked about for a while (Rebecca and the "welcome back" being some of them), so I felt as if there should be a thread to talk about both the changes and the stretch goals (also keep in mind that it is in pre-alpha).

General Features
→ A modern take on System Shock, a faithful reboot; it’s not Citadel Station as it was, but as you remember it. Many improvements, overhauls and changes are being implemented to capture the spirit of what the original game was trying to convey, and bring it to contemporary gamers.
→ Re-imagined enemies, weapons, and locations by original concept artist Robb Waters.
→ Terri Brosius reprises her role as SHODAN, and new VO will be recorded.
→ Brand new musical score composed by Jonathan Peros.
→ The user interface, game mechanics, enemies, and puzzles will be updated to reflect modern aesthetics and sensibilities, while maintaining the feel of the original.

Scope Features
→ $900k Goal: Modern Inventory Management, Modern Controls, New Puzzles, Updated Faithful Levels, Game Difficulty Modes.
→ $1.7m Goal : Enemy limb dismemberment, More puzzles, Ammo types/weapon settings, Vending machines, Basic components/research, RPG progression, Weapon upgrading, Hardcore mode (No respawning), Ironman mode (Only 1 savegame. If you die, the save is deleted)

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/012/883/306/e17699c2c75c1442cec537478f2001ee_original.gif?w=680&fit=max&v=1467088369&q=92&s=dd9916962f0373b80f0bc9b853eaa6e2
[18MB image turned into link ~kolya]

Art Direction

We wanted the art of System Shock to be fresh and new while still remaining true to the aesthetics of the 1994 classic. We've maintained much of the original look, while accentuating it beautifully by an array of modern rendering features such as Physically Based Rendering (PBR), screen-space reflections, real-time global illumination, ambient occlusion (HBAO), volumetric particles, and dynamic lighting. It's the world you remember:

Music and Sound

We want this game to be as chilling to players today as the original System Shock was when it was released in 1994. What is most important to us is taking the essence of the original game, and emphasizing that as we present it to gamers today. With the knowledge and technological improvements over the last 22 years since the original, we can communicate the story of Citadel Station more effectively than ever

Though computer music software has improved exponentially in the last decade, there is no equivalent to the breathtaking and visceral sounds that real instruments can produce. We have been working with Videri String Quartet, and we are in talks with Prague's FILMharmonic Orchestra about recording the score for System Shock. They're a very professional orchestra, having recorded scores for Civilization V, Thief, Hostel, Dream Theater, and many more projects. If we can reach the stretch goal required to afford everything that it takes to record a full orchestra, the game's musical experience will be much more expressive and terrifying than would ever be possible without.

Though for a modern game like System Shock, a more restrained and dramatic approach is called for, we are also really excited to bring the old System Shock tunes back to life in an updated way! With a roster of world-class musicians, we have set a stretch goal to release a remixed version of the original soundtrack intact! Please help us to make this a reality so that we cannot only provide a strong modern gameplay experience, but also give the old tunes the love that they deserve!

Story (not exactly a change (at all), but I thought I'd include it anyway).

Caught during a risky break-in, you become indentured to a greedy TriOptimum executive. After six months in a healing coma, you awaken to discover the surgeons are missing, the station is in disrepair, and the once-prime corporate facility now teems with mindless cyborgs, robots, and mutated beings, all programmed to serve a ruthless A.I.: SHODAN. There's scarcely time to think before she unleashes the first terror...

Much More Info: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/description
« Last Edit: 29. June 2016, 22:02:12 by Kolya »

665b0c08514dbSynaesthesia

• Company: Night Dive Studios
Re: System Shock (Reboot) Changes and Stretch goals
665b0c0851537
Remix needs to be at 1.1m instead.

665b0c085164dicemann

665b0c08516a0
I hope it gets to $1.3 million and ends there.
Acknowledged by: Nameless Voice

665b0c08517d6ZylonBane

665b0c0851829
You'd think one of the stretch goals would be a female hacker. For this particular game that would be almost trivial to implement. Just a different set of grunt noises and different hands.
Acknowledged by 5 members: Kolya, Nameless Voice, Twist, Hikari, Aurora
665b0c0851c3a
You'd think one of the stretch goals would be a female hacker. For this particular game that would be almost trivial to implement. Just a different set of grunt noises and different hands.
This, very much. It is beyond me why more games don't allow you to choose between at least a male and a female character. Admittedly I never knew anyone else would want something like that though, since I figured there's not much demand in these circles. (I may be wrong?)
Acknowledged by 2 members: Nameless Voice, Hikari
665b0c0851dba
Warren Spector might be one to ask for a female protagonist (along with a black, hispanic and asian one).
Acknowledged by: Hikari

665b0c0851eacNameless Voice

665b0c0851ef6
I believe that female players tend to prefer being able to play female characters.
665b0c085222b
Warren Spector might be one to ask for a female protagonist (along with a black, hispanic and asian one).

In that case we should start to combine: Asian transgender hacker for example. In a kabuki mask. Gay Hispanic (kills with castanets). And of course: Black jewish hacker girl in a magic wheel chair!
Acknowledged by 5 members: RocketMan, voodoo47, Hikari, Join usss!, Learonys

665b0c08523deSchuler

665b0c085242d
I believe that female players tend to prefer being able to play female characters.

Female Sheperd is the most popular one to play in Mass Effect for both male and female players (including me, as a male).
665b0c085250f
I play Lara Croft (as a male).
665b0c08528e7

I'd love to see a whole female MODE, not just a character.

The story is that the female-person arrives after the male hacker, as a household technician!
Starting gear: broom. I'll leave the rest to your imagination, but dont forget that it most surely would involve a lesbian scene and lots of cute kittens (no, those are completely separate occurrences).

665b0c0852a3a
I'm gonna quote someone i don't know who:

Never go full retard
665b0c0852b5e
Not like anyone on Citadel would give a fuck either way anymore.
665b0c0852ddd
I'm gonna quote someone i don't know who:

Never go full retard

Indeed, but always go with a full sense of humor or life will be very boring.

665b0c0852ee0
Hey nightdive, any chance at finding a dead mutant with a sparkly tiara and a pink tutu skirt over theirjumper? No behavioral changes just...

Why not (beyond modeling and time issues.)

665b0c0853157Nameless Voice

665b0c08531a8
person arrives after the male hacker, as a household technician!
Starting gear: broom.

Sounds like Viscera Cleanup Detail.
Acknowledged by 3 members: Kolya, Hikari, Schuler
665b0c085329b
Hey any chance we can get a grove expansion level for that ?

665b0c0853583Schuler

665b0c08535d0
Gamma grove could make for a decent expansion/DLC - in SS1, it got shot off into space before the game started, so Night Dive could retcon the life support being off and tell a standalone story there.

665b0c0853817Learonys

665b0c0853869
Gamma grove could make for a decent expansion/DLC - in SS1, it got shot off into space before the game started, so Night Dive could retcon the life support being off and tell a standalone story there.

Yeah, but the story that that gove held, and not jettisoning it  means that story needs to be drastically changed or removed entirely. Even though nothing essential was told, it helped to shape the atmosphere and horrors of the station, so I don't really want this one gone.

665b0c0853b25Schuler

665b0c0853b78
I meant the story
Yeah, but the story that that gove held, and not jettisoning it  means that story needs to be drastically changed or removed entirely. Even though nothing essential was told, it helped to shape the atmosphere and horrors of the station, so I don't really want this one gone.

I meant that they could tell a standalone story set in the grove after it had been jettisoned, since they wouldn't have to carry over the characters or story from SS1.

665b0c0853ddaLearonys

665b0c0853e30
I meant the story
I meant that they could tell a standalone story set in the grove after it had been jettisoned, since they wouldn't have to carry over the characters or story from SS1.

Oh, i get it! Yeah that makes sense. But i don't think a jettisoned grove with no life-support would make for a good seperate storyline. I mean, they're just going to die in hours because of poor air quality or something. But i get your point!
Acknowledged by: Schuler

665b0c0853eeaSchuler

665b0c0853f39
Hence, Night Dive could retcon that part outright or make your first objective turning the life support back on - could allow for playing around with zero-G/vacuum environments Like Dead Space did.
665b0c085414b
"Hardcore mode (No respawning)"

Sigh, It's supposed to be mild restrictions on limitless saving, not no respawning. This "hardcore" mode would just encourage save scumming to the fullest extent. Turok has been said to be one of Kick's favorite games so he should understand the difference.

"Ammo types"

Why is that a stretch goal? The original Shock already had ammo types.

"RPG progression,"

If the design & execution is good then I will like it.

"We have been working with Videri String Quartet, and we are in talks with Prague's FILMharmonic Orchestra about recording the score for System Shock"

Boo!

Don't get me wrong I can enjoy some classical but that's what all the games do these days, and they don't do it very well either.

Other than that the stretch goals are fine in my opinion.
1 Guest is here.
Soyez le premier à aimer cet article.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b0c0854249